Many of us love browser bookmarks but they are hard to keep private as someone using your PC will access them. Here we are looking at ways of covering and disguising your bookmarks. You can delete them from your browser but keep them available in a handy file that can be dragged to your browser window and dropped to it.
How to hide bookmarks
Following are the steps to hide bookmarks.
- It may be enough to simply remove the bookmarks bar (situated below the address bar), so your bookmarks are not immediately visible. Click chrome’s menu button – > hover over book marks -> and click ‘show bookmarks bar’ -> to remove the tick. The bookmarks bar disappears.
- Seek to cover bookmarks by bringing them into secure folders for watching. From a menu with the same bookmarks. Choose ‘manager of the book.’ Connect files in an existing folder by right-clicking on an empty space. You can change bookmarks, as well. Delete the text, so that only the icon appears.
- Remove bookmarks from your browser is the coolest way to conceal bookmarks. Exporting them generates a list of HTML links that you can open like a web page in your browser, then only click on the links to access your saved sites. Open the manager of bookmarks, as shown below.
- Click organize, select ‘export bookmarks’ and save the file handy but secure somewhere. To hide this, you can change the name of the file, but keep the file format ‘HTML.’
To open a bookmark in the list of links you need the bookmark.
- To delete your Chromium bookmarks. Tap on one of the folders at the top point. Such as’ bookmarks bar ‘- > To highlight it all, click Ctrl + A ->Delete, then press -> Repeat for more than one folder such as ‘other bookmarks’ and ‘desktop bookmarks.’
- To add more bookmarks to your secret list, re-import the list, edit it, and export it again. Open the manager of bookmarks, press the Organize button and pick ‘Import bookmarks.’ Find the saved file, update any bookmark, then export it again.