Now you can record a screencast video of your desktop screen with the help of YouTube and no software required to do that.
Of course there are some software programs to record a video of your computer screen and upload it in you tube. Also, there are tons of screencasting tools to choose. But you can also create screencast videos inside you tube and no desktop software required. Just youtube account and web browser is enough to record video.
How to make screencasts of your desktop windows with YouTube?
- First sign in to youtube using your Google account – > click the upload key in upper left corner -> select events under live streaming. If you are doing first time then you need to verify your mobile number to enable streaming.
- Now you are on create event page. Give a title to your screencast video -> set the privacy of the video to either private or unlisted -> click “go live now” key.
- Now it opens the hangouts on air page. -> Now turn off your webcam recording by clicking on camera icon. If you do not wish to record audio just toggle the microphone icon.
- Now click on screen share key in the left toolbox -> choose a desktop window that you want to record for your screen cast. See, if you are using multiple virtual desktops, it will show only program that is active on the current desktop.
- Now click on the key “start screenshare” to share your screen ->then click on “start broadcast’ to start recording the screen. Being a private session no one can watch your broadcast whereas it is being recorded.
- After finishing your recording, click on the “stop broadcast” key then switch to the youtube website.
- Now you are done. Just go to youtube video dashboard youtube.com/my_videos where you will see the new screencast video that you have completed recording. Now you can share your video to the world.
It would be a good idea to resize your desktop window to the 16:9 ratio before clicking the broadcast key and these videos are recorded in 720p HD.
Image source: Google images